#irChallenges are a unique way to fundraise for the less fortunate because it allows the participants to take part in a daring and fun activity while bringing them together in a good cause. It’s fun but more importantly, it’s rewarding!
Andalusia Cycle Challenge 2017 – The best way to explore Andalusia is on two wheels!
Join us on this epic 8-day cycling adventure across Andalusia. This is the perfect challenge for those of you wanting to combine doing a challenge for a great cause, with an experience that will be filled with fond and long lasting memories of discovery! There are only 15 spots available, so claim yours now!
While cycling 30-40 miles every day for several days, you’ll fundraise to enhance food security of vulnerable people in Mali’s rural villages by providing access to agricultural training, vegetable gardens, and solar pump systems. You’ll also get the once in a lifetime opportunity to discover and explore Islamic heritage sites and uncover the long-forgotten history of Islamic Spain. You’ll be visiting landmark Spanish mosques, fortresses and eventually arriving at the site where the Nasrids, the last Muslim dynasty in Spain made their final stand.
While this is a challenge, it’s not a race – so you’ll be able to enjoy the breathtaking sights, sounds and smells while you cycle, stopping to admire the views and capture lots of stunning photographs for your memories…and of course, soak up the sun!
Highlights: Cordoba – Madinat Al Zahrah – Almodovar – Lucena – Cabra – Dona Menca – Zuheros – Alcala La Real – Granada – Lanjaron (Alpujarras Mountains)
- Islamic Relief will pay for: In-country transfers, tour guide from Andalucian Routes, bike rental, all accommodations, all meals, transport/support vehicles, entrance fees for all excursions
- Not Included: flights, additional drinks and refreshments, costs incurred for any extended stay
- Date: 5th – 12th November 2017
- Registration: Covered by Islamic Relief
- Fundraising Target: $2500
- Deadline for Registration: 30th September 2017
- Note: Only 15 spots are available and places are available on a first-come-first-serve basis If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org