#irChallenges are a unique way to fundraise for the less fortunate because it allows the participants to take part in a daring and fun activity while bringing them together in a good cause. It’s fun but more importantly, it’s rewarding!
This year, Islamic Relief Canada is a proud charity partner of the Mississauga Marathon.
There will be two racing events we will take part in: 5km & 10km. Join us on May 6th, 2017 to participate in the racing event of your choice and raise donations for the East Africa crisis.
Across South Sudan, Somalia, Yemen, Ethiopia and Kenya, more than 20 million people suffer the brunt of famine. Due to months-long and widespread drought across the region, a surge in volatile conflict erupted across the region, causing unprecedented food insecurity and mass displacement. With nothing to eat, and nowhere to go, families are dying of starvation. Their needs are urgent and simple – food, water, sanitation – and the fatal difference is your donation.
- Islamic Relief is on the ground right now responding to the devastating impact of conflict and climate in each country. Our emergency response provides immediate clean water and food packs. We also help with prevention programs to increase household resilience to drought.
On May 6th, join us as we run to help change lives in East Africa.
- Islamic Relief Canada will cover the registration fees for our runners
- Runners are required to make a $50 deposit which will be returned after the completion of the race
- All runners will be raising $500 for East Africa.
- The 5km is on May 6th at 6PM
- The 10km is on May 6th at 6:30PM
- After signing up below, instructions on how to pay your deposit and create your crowdfunding page will be emailed to you.