#irChallenges are a unique way to fundraise for the less fortunate because it allows the participants to take part in a daring and fun activity while bringing them together in a good cause. It’s fun but more importantly, it’s rewarding!
This year, Islamic Relief Canada is a proud charity partner of the Mississauga Marathon.
There will be two racing events we will take part in: 5km & 10km. Join us on May 6th, 2017 to participate in the racing event of your choice and raise donations for the South Sudan crisis.
The South Sudan crisis is unfortunately getting very little media attention and is virtually unknown within our communities. Almost 5.5 million people, about 50% of the population, are suffering from severe food insecurity. More than one million children under the age of 5 are acutely malnourished. Waterborne diseases, such as cholera and typhoid, from contaminated water are an increasing risk. The number of people fleeing their homes is increasing as inflation rates rise leaving the local currency with little purchasing power.
- Islamic Relief Canada is drilling 4 borehole water wells, distributing food packs to 1,840 families, providing 3.6 million litres of water to 3,000 households, and providing mosquito nets in camps of internally displaced people.
On May 6th, join us as we run to help change lives in South Sudan.
- Islamic Relief Canada will cover the registration fees for our runners
- Runners are required to make a $50 deposit which will be returned after the completion of the race
- All runners will be raising $500 for South Sudan.
- The 5km is on May 6th at 6PM
- The 10km is on May 6th at 6:30PM
- After signing up below, instructions on how to pay your deposit and create your crowdfunding page will be emailed to you.